Mass HIway, the state-sponsored Health Information Exchange (HIE) for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, is seeking an Executive Director (Job ID: 16000815).
The Mass HIway is a robust public HIE option, and currently has two primary functions: (1) support of secure transmission of information via Direct Messaging, and (2) HIway-sponsored population health services, which include the existing Relationship Listing Service, and the proposed Event Notification Service.
The Mass HIway Executive Director will oversee and lead the Mass HIway, and will be responsible for setting and implementing its strategic goals and objectives, as set forth in MGL Chapter 118I, and by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS), and under advisory guidance of the Health Information Technology Council. The Mass HIway Executive Director will report directly to the Undersecretary of EOHHS and partner closely with Mass Health and EOHHS IT.
Duties and Responsibilities (general summary, not all inclusive):
- Oversee all policy, business, and operational aspects of the Mass HIway, including the setting and implementation of strategic policy and technical goals, engagement with EOHHS and state executive leadership, and engagement with external stakeholders in other state agencies and in the public.
- Lead strategic planning for the Mass HIway, which includes refining the core goals and objectives of the Mass HIway, and establishing/ executing short and long-term agendas and business plans to meet these goals and objectives.
- Oversee all EOHHS legislative, regulatory, and sub-regulatory affairs related to the Mass HIway.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of new components of the Mass HIway by partnering with Mass Health and EOHHS IT.
- Conceptualize and develop the policy requirements and lead the cross functional team to implement a statewide Event Notification Service (ENS) and a centralized opt-out mechanism for the Mass HIway.
- Represent the Mass HIway at local and national conferences/meetings in order to: Conduct general outreach and education about the role and services that the HIway provides; to Help keep EOHHS and the HIway team informed about recent developments in health information technology (e.g., MACRA, Meaningful Use) that impact the HIway.; and to Help develop knowledge and contacts that may assist the HIway in providing additional services to promote the goals of the HIway.
- Lead engagement with key stakeholders, including the HIT Council, Advisory Groups to the HIT Council, and advocacy groups in the Commonwealth.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous senior leadership experience within an organization related to health, health policy and/or health information technology.
- Master’s or other advanced degree in Health Care or Business Administration, Public Health, or a health policy related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in health policy, and/or health information technology.
- Proficient Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, to interact with leadership, staff, providers and other stakeholders.
To find out more and apply for this position, visit the MassCareers site.
(Job ID: 16000815).