Embracing Medical Scribing to Increase Revenue and Decrease Physician Burnout
Physicians spend about 50% of their time documenting patient visits and only 27% with direct patient care. Physician burnout leads to unhappy physicians and patients, poor physician performance, and a strain on the medical practice as these physicians can create unproductive, stressful environments.
A study published in JAMA Dermatology followed the implementation of a scribe program over 12 months in a large dermatology practice. The findings included a 50% reduction in documenting time, a willingness by 79% of physicians to increase their patient volumes, and a 7.7% increase in revenue.
In this session, Andrea Caliri, M.D., MindLeaf Medical Consultant and
John Kemp, M.D., Subject Matter Expert – Virtual Scribes will:
- Describe the pros and cons of physical, virtual and dictation scribing options
- Discuss how to determine which scribing solutions are the best fit for your practice
- Explain how scribing can reduce physician burnout by improving work-life balance
- Discuss how you can increase your physician productivity and return-on-investment by increasing the number of patients seen per hour
- Provide you with a medical scribe options calculator that will help you identify the annual cost savings from each type of scribing solution.