Are You Prepared for a Ransomware Attack?
How the CIO Prepares the Organization to Carry on Patient Care and Business Operations
Do you know that HealthCare is the #1 cyber attacked industry and that 45% of all ransomware attacks in 2017 involved healthcare organizations? Furthermore,
- The cybersecurity research body suggests that ransomware damage costs will rise to $11.5 billion in 2019.
- Mobile malware, banking malware, and ransomware are the primary threats to expect in 2019 according to Fortinet.
- Every 14 seconds a healthcare organization is expected to fall victim to a ransomware attack.
These are shocking statistics that create enough alarm for CIO’s to evaluate their existing downtime policies and preparedness prior to becoming a statistic. Downtime events are common in healthcare, but as cyber-attacks have become more frequent and lengthier, the importance of preparation for just such an event is crucial.
In this session, Joy Bauer and Sandra Murray of HealthNET Systems Consulting will provide practical information and recommendations to IT leaders including:
- Statistics and examples of recent downtime events
- Why Healthcare systems are targeted at an increased rate
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) CIO recommendations - for your reference
- Ensuring the continuity of patient care and business operations
- Guides to help you prepare for downtime
- Examples of success
Please join us to explore approaches to analyze and optimize your downtime readiness and execute your information systems contingency program.
Joy Bauer, RN-BC, PMP, CPHIMS, CHTS-CP, CMUP is an innovative, solutions-focused, and results-oriented Clinical Informaticist and IT systems professional with a 30 year career. Over the years, Joy’s roles have included clinical and IS leadership, large-scale system implementation management and interim CIO, many of which involve complex problem solving around technology, infrastructure, privacy and security. Joy’s engaging and enthusiastic presentation style will be sure to result in thought provoking discussion among attendees.
Sandra Murray, MBA, PMP, CISM is a highly technical, hands-on project manager with 25+ years of experience in IT leadership, system implementations and optimization, M&A and system selections. Sandy is a highly respected project manager and has managed IS technical teams with operating budgets of over $8.0 million. Using her leadership and hands-on experience, as well as her numerous credentials including Certified Information Security Manager and ITIL certification, Sandy will have examples and personal experience to share on the topic of preparing for cyber threats.