Cure for the Common Cloud
September 19, 2017 9:00 - 11:00 AM
The explosion of useful cloud services has enabled new levels of productivity, resulting in strategic advantages for many healthcare providers. In fact, a recent Netskope Cloud Report shows that on average, healthcare organizations use more than 900 different cloud services.
But using the cloud is not without risk; common scenarios such as patient records accidentally being shared via the cloud or loss of protected or sensitive data are genuine concerns. Legacy security tools force a catch-22 between using the cloud for productivity and collaboration or alternatively organizations are forced to block cloud services entirely to help mitigate risk. In most cases, blocking the cloud no longer works both technically and operationally. There has to be a better way.
Join this session to learn how the use of cloud services is driving productivity in healthcare and what the best practices are for healthcare technology and security leaders to help ensure a safe and secure cloud without negatively impacting productivity.
Featured speakers include Sonia Arista, who is the Healthcare Practice Lead for Guidepoint Security and the former CISO of Tufts Medical Center and Bob Gilbert, Chief Evangelist at Netskope, a leading cloud access security broker.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Think about cloud services in relation to business objectives
- Safely enable productivity suites like Office 365
- Triage Shadow IT and consolidate on the most enterprise-ready cloud services
- Define policies and supporting technical controls to identify and prevent PHI leaks
- Gain influence with business stakeholders to champion information security initiatives